UN: CERD addresses racial discrimination in Algeria, Australia, Belarus, Jordan, Serbia and Slovakia (November 2017)
Date : 2017.10.15
At its 94th session from 20th November to 8th December 2017, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) will consider the situation of racial discrimination in following 6 countries. Civil society organisations (CSOs) are encouraged to submit information on Algeria, Australia, Belarus, Jordan, Serbia and Slovakia.
The Committee will convene the thematic discussion on “Racial Discrimination Today” from 3 pm on 29th November.
If you are a CSO participating in the forthcoming session and wishes to receive practical information, contact us at: geneva[@]imadr.org (remove “” when you send e-mail)
- Deadline for submission of NGO reports: 30th October 2017
- Information Note for NGOs for the submission of reports, accreditation and participation in informal meetings and lunchtime briefings
- For States parties’ reports, list of themes and other documents, please visit the CERD’s session page.
- Use our “ICERD and CERD: Guide for Civil Society Actors” for effective participation in the session
- Watch and stream live discussions via the UN Web TV!
- Follow our twitter for live coverage of the session!