UN: CERD addresses racial discrimination in Argentina, Italy, Portugal, Togo, Turkmenistan and Uruguay (November 2016)
Date : 2016.09.28
At its 91st session from 21st November to 9th December 2016 , UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) will consider the situation of racial discrimination in following 6 countries. Civil society organisations are encouraged to submit information on Argentina, Italy, Portugal, Togo, Turkmenistan and Uruguay.
The Committee will hold a consultation with civil society on 23rd November from 3 pm.
If you are an NGO participating in the forthcoming session and wishes to receive practical advice on advocacy at the CERD, contact us at: geneva[@]imadr.org (remove “” when you send e-mail)
- Deadline for submission of NGO reports: 31st October 2016
- Information Note for NGOs for the submission of reports, accreditation and participation in informal meetings and lunchtime briefings
- For State parties’ reports, list of themes and other documents , please visit the session page of CERD
- Use our “ICERD and CERD: Guide for Civil Society Actors” for effective participation in the session
- Watch and stream live discussions via the UN Web TV!
- Follow our twitter for live coverage!