IMADR Activities at the 28th Regular Session of the UN Human Rights Council (2nd – 27th March 2015)
Date : 2015.05.01
Find out about our side events, oral and joint written statements at the latest Council session here.
- “Freedom of Religion in Sri Lanka” (12 March)
- “Political Transition, Democracy and Human Rights: The Experience in Burma and Sri Lanka” (19 March)
- Item 3: Clustered Interactive Dialogues with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, “Human Rights Defenders in Bangladesh”*
- Item 3: Clustered Interactive Dialogues with the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief, “Freedom of religion in Sri Lanka” (joint statement)
- Item 4: General Debate, “Human Rights Defenders in Bangladesh and Accountability in Sri Lanka”
- Item 3: Interactive Dialogues with the Special Rapporteur on minority issues, “Hate speech against minorities”
- Debate on the state of racial discrimination worldwide, “Recognition of past tragedies of minorities: Sinti and Roma, ethnic Koreans in Japan”
- Item 3: Promotion and protection of all human rights including the right to development, “Civil society position on the draft Declaration on the Right to Peace” (joint statement)
*Statement on human rights defenders in Bangladesh was not delivered due to the time restriction.