CERD 103rd session: Belgium (April 2021)
Date : 2021.02.22
At its 103rd session from 19th to 30th April 2021, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) will carry out its activities online including the followings.
- Online review of Belgium (20 – 21 April)
- Adoption of lists of issues prior to reporting (LOIPRs) on Gabon, Lesotho, Maldives and Tunisia
- Assessments of follow-up reports of Iceland, Jordan, Mexico, Poland and the State of Palestine
Civil society organisations (CSOs) are encouraged to submit information on the situations of racial discrimination in these countries.
Please get in touch with us if you are preparing an alternative report or planning one on the abovementioned countries. Please also share this information widely with others in your network who may be interested in contributing to the session. Contact us at: geneva[@]imadr.org (remove “” when you send e-mail).
Practical information for civil society
- Deadline for alternative reports: 29 March 2021
- Deadline for information to request actions under the Early Warning Urgent Action Procedures (EWUAP): 29 March 2021
- Information Note for NGOs for participation in the 103rd session
- For States parties’ reports and other documents, please visit the 103rd session page
- Our “ICERD and CERD: Guide for Civil Society Actors” for effective participation in the session
- Watch and stream live discussions via the UN Web TV!
- Follow our twitter for live coverage of the session!