Recruitment: Public Relations & Advocacy Programme Officer
Date : 2015.06.30
IMADR is looking for a full-time Public Relations & Advocacy Programme Officer for the period of three years starting as soon as possible.
International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR) is an international non-profit, non-governmental human rights organisation devoted to eliminating discrimination and racism, forging international solidarity among discriminated minorities and advancing the international human rights system. It was founded in 1988 by one of the Japan’s largest minorities, Buraku people. IMADR has grown to be a global network of concerned individuals and minority groups with regional committees and partners in Asia, Europe, North and Latin America.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of extension.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Deliver a number of the IMADR thematic activities including coordination of partners, research and documentation.
- Develop project funding applications.
- Manage the website and coordinating external communications
- Assist editing of newsletters and other publications.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in human rights, law, international relations or relevant areas.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in similar fields.
- Strong communications skills in Japanese (mother tongue or equivalent level) and English.
- Good team-working and research skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook and internet).
- Commitment to and knowledge of issues relating to racial discrimination, i.e. minority rights, indigenous rights, multiple discriminations, discrimination based on work and descent.
- Knowledge of the UN human rights mechanisms, in particular the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and its monitoring body (CERD), and the Human Rights Council.
- Experience of working in the NGO environment.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV, a brief cover letter with a brief job history both in English and Japanese to Yuriko Hara (Ms.), yhara[@]imadr.org (remove “” when you send application). Please use “Public Relations & Advocacy Programme Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted via email by 31st August 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at the IMADR Tokyo office or via Skype.
Japanese version of this vacancy is available at: www.imadr.net/recruit201506