IMADR Activities at the 27th Regular Session of the UN Human Rights Council (8th – 26th September 2014)
Date : 2014.09.29
IMADR engagement with the 26th regular session of the UN Human Rights Council. Find our oral statements at the latest Council session here.
- Item 3: Interactive Dialogues with the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, “Arbitrary Detention in Australia and Sri Lanka“*
- Item 3: Interactive Dialogues with the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances, “Enforced Disappearance and Reprisals in Sri Lanka” *
- Item 4: General Debate, “Repression on human rights defenders in Sri Lanka”
- Half-day discussion on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, “Indigenous peoples and natural disaster risk reduction in Nepal” (joint statement)
- Items 3 & 5: Clustered ID with SR on indigenous peoples & Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP), “Indigenous peoples’ access to justice in Nepal” (joint statement)
- Item 5: Report of the Intergovernmental Working Group on the right to peace, “Declaration on the right to peace”
- Items 2&10: General Debate (including presentation of SG/HC country reports), “OHCHR investigation and reprisals in Sri Lanka” (joint statement)
*Statements on arbitrary detention and enforced disappearance in Sri Lanka were not delivered due to the lack of time.