UN: CERD addresses racial discrimination in Canada, Djibouti, Ecuador, Kuwait, New Zealand, Russia, Tajikistan and UAE (August 2017)
Date : 2017.05.18
At its 93rd session from 31st July to 25th August 2017, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) will consider the situation of racial discrimination in following 8 countries. Civil society organisations (CSOs) are encouraged to submit information on Canada, Djibouti, Ecuador, Kuwait, New Zealand, Russia, Tajikistan and UAE.
During the session, the Committee will also adopt the list of issues prior to reporting (LOIPR) for Bahrain.
If you are a CSO participating in the forthcoming session and wishes to receive practical advice on advocacy at the CERD, contact us at: geneva[@]imadr.org (remove “” when you send e-mail)
- Deadline for submission of NGO reports: 7th July 2017
- Information Note for NGOs for the submission of reports, accreditation and participation in informal meetings and lunchtime briefings
- For States parties’ reports, list of themes and other documents, please visit the CERD’s session page.
- Use our “ICERD and CERD: Guide for Civil Society Actors” for effective participation in the session
- Watch and stream live discussions via the UN Web TV!
- Follow our twitter for live coverage of the session!